When I was one,
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I’m as clever as clever.
So I think I’ll be six
now and forever
Except that instead of staying six forever I somehow continued growing and living and eating and sleeping and drawing and wondering and wander and now I am THIRTY.
I know to some people this pre-empts some kind of mid life (third of life?) crisis or panic or feelings of clocks ticking and so on.
I feel more perplexed. Thirty sounds…. grown up. I still feel so new! I I relate so much more to the little three year old who is hardly me. (I never even made it to feeling as clever as clever.)
But, that’s ok. Feeling new is pretty fun. And I suppose I do know more than I used to; that is a very cool thing about being older. Now I have more stories, know more people, have more in my heart and my mind. I’m trying to keep using that little mind instead of letting it stall. Trying to keep opening my heart even when it is scared.
Things To Do Now I’m Thirty
(because OF COURSE there had to be a list)
- make use of my training and TEACH yoga!! I’m so excited about this
- keep up own practise. work on fore-arm stand and backbends. be patient with self.
- get my drivers license (don’t laugh)
- climb climb climb
- paint !! actually try and finish and sell some work. (anyone want some wooden cloudy mountain paintings?)
- work on my spanish (I mean it this time I swear)
- learn how to chop wood so I can be a more useful house cat
- eat more tacos
(Sunny days and waterfalls in costa rica. This year has been pretty cool so far :))